Sunday, April 13, 2014

Great art opening

The solo show opening went wonderfully, and it was interesting to note how many parts of my life showed up!  students from the seventies, the chaplain who was so great after Handsome Partner's death, friends from the embroidery guild, artists I've shown with, friends and relatives of all the above, neighbors, all meeting and getting along instantly.  More than one of the participants is a blogger who plans to include this event on her upcoming blogposts. 

But the group did include people with no email nor cellphones, who wrote down numbers in little notebooks, very retro!  also very cool.  Considering the show included work based on medieval
 techniques all the way to a piece created on my ipod and exported to my computer and printed, it seemed appropriate that the people who came would be from a wide spectrum of the techie world.

for pix of this fun, go to http://beautifulmetaphor.blogspot.com

Now I'm off for more Lucia reading, and general collapse.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - I had absolutely no doubt that it would be a huge success!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!